Astrological Meanderings: Minutiae

Tuesday 11 June 2019

Minutiae

The British pronunciation of minutiae is muh·nyoo·shai whereas the American is mi·noo·shee·uh but in any case the meaning is the same, namely the small, precise, or trivial details of something e.g. "the minutiae of everyday life". In this post, I'm going to consider the minutiae of aspects cast by transiting planets to a natal chart, specifically my own natal chart.

Normally I only consider the transits of the slow moving astrological bodies like Jupiter, Saturn, Chiron, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Sometimes I consider Mars but rarely do I look at the position of Mercury. However, today I had an accident. It wasn't serious but I did stumble at the foot of some steps and sustained some bruising to my knee and ankle.

It was only later that I thought to consider what transits might have been active at the time of my fall which occurred around 5:45pm in Jakarta. Figure 1 is what the transits looked like at the time of my fall.
Figure 1

As it turns out, there was a very appropriate aspect. Transiting Mercury in 11°22' of Cancer in my third house was square to my natal Mars - Venus in 9°16' - 9°10' of Aries and my Sun in 12°47' of Aries. In fact the mid-point of my Mars - Venus and Sun in 11°00' of Aries. 

So little more needs to said but it made me aware of the usefulness of taking note of small incidents instead of always waiting around for big developments involving the slower moving planets. Mercury yesterday at 5:45pm was in 9°46' of Cancer and tomorrow it will be in 12°55' of Cancer, so it moves fairly swiftly.

No comments:

Post a Comment